Being the capricious person that I am, I end up in some pretty weird food places. Sometimes this results in something not so good such as overly spicy penne or sugar-crusted ravioli (I guess I get pretty weird with my pasta lol). Today is one of those days, but I promise you these are super delish!
Muddy buddies are a staple beginner’s recipe that are really yummy. However, I’ve grown a bit tired of them after binge eating like 20 batches over the past several years. We’re going to shake things up and make a chai spiced chex mix!
Chai Latte Chex Mix
12 oz white chocolate
1 tsp chai spice or 1 chai teabag
1 c confectioners’ sugar
5 c Chex cereal
- In a microwavable-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on high at 15-30 second intervals (so as not to burn the chocolate). You could also use a Bain-Marie if you are classy like that.
- Once the chocolate is melted, use a spatula and mix in the chai spices.
- In a large bowl with your cereal, pour the chocolate mixture on top and mix with a spatula until well coated.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar to the cereal and mix again until coated.
- Store in an airtight container and consume unhealthy amounts until you’re sick.
My thoughts on this peculiar creation? When you take your first bite you are met with a soft exterior and then a crunchy inside. You can taste the sweet white chocolate, which is followed by a mild spicy kick from the chai. Overall, this recipe is a great remix, with unusual harmonies you might not experience otherwise. If you’re a chai lover you should try this out!