These cookies are a delicious must-have dessert for your recipe book if you’re a cookie whore. It’s a luscious peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss delicately placed on top to seal the deal. Maybe this is just a Utah thing, but too many people I know have never had these…They’re super easy to make so let’s get to it!
Peanut Blossom Cookies
1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (Creamy preferred – but crunchy works too if that’s all you have)
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda (Omit last 3 ingredients if using self-raising flour)
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
- Mix together the shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg until combined.
- Sift in remaining ingredients (flour, soda, baking powder and salt) in thirds, while stirring, until combined.
- Wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for an hour (or overnight is fine too).
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls, roll in sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment to prevent cookies from sticking.
- Use a fork and gently press horizontally and vertically.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Bake for 1-2 more minutes if the edges haven’t started to brown.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes and then consume copious amounts until you feel morbidly obese.