It’s been a while but what can you do. School is a life ruin-er! 😉
On the bright side, my Dad keeps buying salmon every week because I got him addicted! I’ve made garlic lemon salmon and blackberry salmon and today it’s teriyaki! Buy your salmon frozen and you can make a fabulous weekend meal for the whole family for $20 and it’s not disdainfully unhealthy either – besides all the sugar in the sauce. I guess it might cost more than that if you don’t have stuff like soy sauce and ginger/garlic on hand but I think most people do. Anyhow, enough babble, let’s get cookin’!
- 1/3 C Water
- 1/3 C Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1/4 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Sesame seeds, to taste
- In a saucepan, add everything except the cornstarch slurry, sesame seeds and crushed red pepper. If you’re feeling lazy just use powdered garlic and ginger, to taste.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small cup.
- Add cornstarch and bring to a boil, cook until desired consistency (will thicken slightly more as it cools).
- Add in crushed red pepper and sesame seeds.
- Pour over salmon, rice and vegetables. Enjoy!
To cook the bok choy I just put them in boiling salt water for 1 minute. I plated the fish and jasmine rice and poured sauce all over everything. Scallions and sesame seeds go great too! I added that on after I took pictures sorry. Also, had to use my phone because my mom stole the good camera to take pictures of little kids (she’s a kindergarten teacher not a pedophile haha). Enjoy!
Comments, questions, food suggestions? Leave a message below!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook to keep updated!