If you’re tired of overly sweet desserts and want something more savory and refined then I might have something for you! It’s a roasted Pear drizzled with espresso balsamic vinegar, honey, black pepper and apricot goat cheese. I’ve recently discovered flavored vinegars and they are really awesome! If you’ve never tried some hurry and go to your nearest olive oil specialty store or Amazon. Also, I highly recommend getting some manchego or goat cheese, it really just gives it that extra oomph that makes this dish extraordinary.
Espresso Balsamic Roasted Pears
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Bosc Pears (or other firm pear), halved and cored
- 4 Tbsp Espresso Balsamic Vinegar (or whatever vinegar you want to use/have)
- Manchego or Goat Cheese, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- Honey, to taste
- Pour the melted butter into a glass dish.
- Place the halved pears in the dish (flat side down).
- Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle over about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over each pear half. If you’re not worried much about presentation, prick with a fork to really get the flavor into the pear.
- Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Plate the pear and drizzle over left over balsamic sauce and honey, to taste.
- Garnish with two pieces of cheese and top the pear with just a bit of pepper.
Comments, questions, food suggestions? Leave a message below!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook to keep updated!